Sunday 13 October 2013

Project 5 - Photography.

Action.
This picture represents action through movement.The added blur effect on the ball adds speed to the movement as the ball flies through the air. Matt's face also helps with the action theme, because the tense fear in his face shows something bad could happen as the ball hits him.

Autumn. 
This is my favorite photo out of all the pictures I have taken because of how pretty the leaves look with rain on them. I think this picture works really well with autumn because the main focus of the image is an acorn which are known to be autumn seeds. I think using the aperture setting on this picture makes it look a lot more effective, because the acorn and leaves stand out from the blurred background.
Busy.
I think this picture is a little uninspiring. However, I like how the light has hit the 'no entry' sign and given it a very bright colour. This picture is showing people walking around the town center on a busy afternoon. The pavements are full so people are even walking on the road.
Comedy.
I think I found comedy to be one of the harder themes, because it's hard to make laughter from nothing. However, I think that this picture is quite funny, because its a large smiley face ball with a coat on balanced on a traffic cone. While thinking of things to do this came about and I found this hilarious at the time. But maybe it's a 'you had to be there' kind of thing.
 Curious.
This is a picture of my mum looking into an old worn out tree through a large hole, I think this shows curiosity quite well because looking through gaps and finding new interesting places is all a part of being curious about your surroundings.
Film Noir
I had to research into film noir and look at all the different images which already existed. Film noir is very much black and white, with harsh lighting, strong shadows, and pretty woman. Another thing I noticed about film noir, everyone either smokes or has a gun, due to the fact I couldn't get my hands on a gun, I decided to use a cigarette as a prop in this picture. Because we couldn't edit the pictures in anyway I couldn't make them high contrast or black and white, so instead I found a bright light and asked my friend to stand close to a wall so that I could get a strong shadow and a good light contrast in the image.
Happy 
I took this picture simply because looking at it makes me happy. I think the idea of making faces with food or other items is a nice idea and makes cute pictures. I like how the orange kind of gives it overly happy eyes. 
Horror
I like this picture because I think it is quite spooky, and the metal railings and massive lock make it look quite scary. I think the light contrasts in this work well in this picture because it makes it look quite creepy, the apprature also makes this image look quite scary.
Pulp Fiction
This is a picture of an iron statue near my house, I think it works with pulp fiction because it is creepy and weird, and doesn't look like a normal image of a man. I also think the angle of this picture adds a certain odd feel to the picture, and the aperture has blurred the other creepy man in the background too creating a nice overlapping look.
Quiet
This is a picture of an empty basket ball court, I think this shows quite really well because of how desolate the court is, a large empty space where lots of people should gather, but instead there is no one around and it gives the court and eerie quiet feel.
Sad.
I think is image conveys saddens really well because the snow drop is rotting away and drooping as if crying. I also think the background works with this image, even though it is blurred out you can see the unnatural concrete and buildings surrounding the dieing nature, which in itself is quite a sad thought.
Storm.
For this picture I decided to do something different, I tried taking pictures of the rain. However, I don't think it showed a storm very well. So instead I decided to do this, which is meant to be a storm in a tea cup. I used a spoon to spin the tea to create a tornado in the liquid to symbolize a "storm in a tea cup" which is a famous saying about having a fight over nothing important.
Tension
I also found tension quite hard to portray in photographs, I think this was the best one. We tried to get Matt to look like he was extremely tense about something, and he was trying to release that tension through alcohol.



Overall, I think this project was surprisingly difficult. Using my camera was the easy part, having to think up ideas and unique interesting ways of showing things was very hard. Even though it was hard with some of the themes I managed to get at least 1 picture for all of them, and I really enjoyed the project and thought it was a good project because it really made you think and use your head to come up with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment