Tuesday 8 October 2013

I have finished my 3 walk cycles, I did a man walking accross the screen, a front view man, and a dog walking accross.
I spent a lot of time on getting these three right that I never managed to get more done. However, I did try out new things and Ideas within the 3 I made as I was creating them.

I did the basic side view walk sequence first. I think this was the easiest out of the three. However, making sure no sliding happended was quite difficult because I had to put quite a lot of frames close together so the foot stayed in the same place. This made it difficult to see so I had to use alot of onion skinning. Eventhough this was annoying, I think in the end it made my walk look quite smooth because my frames were close together.



Once I had done my first walk cycle, I made this image on photoshop using onion skining and the normal text function.  I made this to help me with my other two walk cycles and for other walks in the future. I made this because I knew explaining my own work would help me remember what I did better.

I think out of all of the walk cycles the front view was the hardest because of how the body moved. The up and down motions of the head was pretty simalar to the side view, but how the body bent from  side to side on the shoulders was difficult.
I also think getting the legs to look right with a good persective was hard.
For help I read the animators suvival guide and looked at the pictures in there.

I think this helped because it showed the right perspective and main key frames. However, it doesnt show the Up and Down frames which meant I had to make them without a guide. This was difficult but once I played around with the shape and perspective it looked OK.



Animating the dog walking took the longest out of the three. However, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I looked at images on the internet which showed the different postions and I used those to help me work out the main key frames. This was helpful because it gave me a good plan and showed me what it would look like, then I added in the other frames.



I think it turned out well. However, I don't think the head movements are quite right. Next time I have to do a dog or othe quadroped walking I will work more on the head and the shoulders, to get a more natural walk cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment