Sunday 16 February 2014

Advanced walk Cycles - Semester 2

Advanced walk cycles. 


For our first project in semester 2, we had to do 4 advanced walk cycles. I chose to do a run, sneak, tiptoe and a double bounce. We had a lesson with Jud before the Christmas holidays to help us with this. I also looked at different animations and walk cycle tutorials to learn about different techniques. Once I had done this I took a few films of my self doing these walks so I could get the general movements. I then exaggerated this for my animation.

The Run.
I thought the run was quite simple. However, I think the hardest part was getting the timing and spacing of the character speeding up through the air and slowing down on the ground. 
The Sneak.
I think out of all of the walks the sneak was the hardest because of the body shapes and how the character bends. I enjoyed trying to get the speeds right and make it look exaggerated but realistic. 

The Tip toe.
I liked doing the tiptoe because I think the outcome was the best. I also think it was the easiest because it is the same as a normal walk cycle but with a different body shape, and higher knees. 

The Double bounce. 
I like the double bounce and it is used in a lot of different cartoons because it's a great way to show emotion/ However, I think it is quite hard to animate because it looks unrealistic with too much bounce, and just wrong with not enough. I thought finding the balance was quite a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment